Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Week...Check!

This week was definitely a new experience.  But I survived.  I am getting to know all of my kiddos and learning how to manage a first grade room.

Cute story...I asked the kiddos if they knew what happened on September 11th ten years ago...the two answers the stood out were: The Civil War and Jesus died on the cross.  I had to hold back the laughing out loud desire.

Question: when is the right/appropriate time to start using textbooks????

I absolutely love my behavior management!  I have taken and made the "How I Act" fit my personal style and needs.  I used the catalog idea I found out there in blog land (will post another time) and created a punch card...when they fill the punch card they get to pick something from our catalog!  The kiddos are all over it! 

Now that the first week is over I need to plan for week 2!  Yeah, my plan book is blank :)  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I have a behavior "punch" card too. My kiddos LOVE it. When the fill it up, they get to choose from the Behavior Binder.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete