Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day

Today was a wonderful day!  I slept in, ran some quick errands, got a mani/pedi with one of my favorite people, got lunch with her, grocery shopping, and made dinner and dessert. 

If you shop by budget you will understand.  I was going along doing my shopping and must have gotten carried away.  I definitely went over budget.  I kindly asked the check out girl to take stuff off.  She did, but was kinda rude.  Making comments in front of me.  I don't think I will be going back to that grocery store...I was trying it out to see if I liked it...nope! 


Anyways, this past week was pretty great.  I am loving my class more and more, and am finding what works best for us. 

We started science this week.  The first day we talked about the scientific method and how our five senses are used to help us every step of the way.  The week before I read The Five Senses by Aliki just to set us up for our science kick off. 

I used Mrs. Carroll's idea again.  I have found that laminating my anchor charts helps me with time.  Next year I won't have to make another one!  The kids had a  sample to look at, and they were able to get as creative as they liked!  Their scientists turned out wonderfully.  The hair was the best!


It was a great week!  Back to it tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment