Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Busy Season

I have been incredibly busy and overwhelmed this past month!  I completed report cards, had 21 conferences, celebrated the 50th day of school, had our Jog-a-thon fundraiser, did many fun Thanksgiving activities, and attended the ACSI Conference.  I haven't even had much of a chance to clean my house!  But finally today has come!  I am busily cleaning my home while I stew in my thoughts of how I can be a better teacher!  I am so excited to introduce some of my new found tools.  I will be posting pictures of some of our activities...asap. 

*One tool that I have used in the past was reintroduced to me, and I am floored to introduce it to my class.  This is using sign language...our speaker was Rick Morris.  Energetic is the best way to describe him!  If you are interested in learning non-verbal communication solutions visit his website at newmanagement.com

*Our guest speaker for the convention was an amazing speaker to share how positive ways of handling our classrooms is always the best way.  DON'T LET THEM PUSH OUR BUTTONS-BETTER YET, DON'T LET THEM KNOW WE HAVE BUTTONS!  We are their role models!  We need to set clear procedures versus rules and be consistent.  Even though I know this, it was great to simply be reminded.  It is very easy to slip without a refresher.

*I attended one seminar on reading assessment and another on helping my students use dynamic vocabulary and sentence building.  Both seminars offered great strategies and templates to help quickly begin implementing within my own room!

*A good reminder for me this convention was that student's are all different!  We all learn differently and have a variety of gifts.

A verse to remind me of this was shared in a differentiating curriculum seminar: There are       different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.  There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.  There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. ...All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6, 11

I got a lot of ideas that I can't wait to use!  I will be sure to post anything that I try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment